The Orchard Campsite will reopen on 17th May 2021. We are taking bookings, so please book now!
Details concerning how the site will be operating can be found here. Please read if you have a booking or would like to make one. We will update these as and when the regulations or situation changes.
If you already have a booking, please ensure that you complete the Track and Trace form. You will be sent one via e-mail or you can download it here:
Emergency Measures Order and Improved Deposit Arrangements
The Orchard Campsite remains closed in line with Government regulations and will reopen on 17th May 2021.
Our Terms and Conditions remain in place (see our website Bookings Page) but we have decided to make a change that should help everyone manage their booking and plan any new bookings.
With immediate effect it is now possible to move any booking to a new date (subject to availability). You can select any date right up to and including September 2022. Send an email confirming that you want to move your booking and we will confirm the new dates and confirm the transfer of any deposits already paid.
Do take into account that some peak season periods are more expensive and that some key dates might already be booked (use our online booking calendar to check). In effect the cash value is being transferred to a new date and any price increases associated with the new date will be charged but not until you make your final deposit payment.
Whether you are already booked and decide to move the date, or wanting to make a new booking we recommend that you do not wait until we are open and everything is back to normal. With every cancelled weekend more and more of you are already transferring to new dates later in the year, so ironically, early booking is advised, and especially for August and September 2021 and next year.
In the hope that all will be back to normal soon, we have cancelled the annual Alien and the annual Halloween weekends to provide two additional weekends for you to book.
Imagine an evening in the picturesque Suffolk countryside beside a real campfire. Glance up at the clear night sky and see a vast canopy of stars glinting above. Sip on your glass of mulled wine as the logs crackle on the fire and your family and friends laugh.
A mere dream? Not at all! That’s the experience of many hundreds of visitors to the Orchard Campsite.
The Top Ten reasons our clients give for returning to The Orchard Campsite year after year…
1. No third party booking agencies – when you book you can discuss your exact requirements with Alan, the owner, or his son Stuart, the site General Manager.
2. No check-in times – you can arrive whenever our site shop/reception is open AND even better …
3. No check-out times – so you can stay until midnight on the day of departure. This means you can relax and enjoy the site for the full duration of your holiday.
4. ‘Free pitching’ – we don’t have numbered pitches, you simply take up the amount of space you need.
5. Personal service from the owners – if you have a question or query during your time at The Orchard you will always be able to meet with Alan or Stuart, who will do all they can to ensure you have a brilliant time.
6. One of the best stocked campsite shops ever encountered – with delicious local meat, bread and other bakery products available most days. We also stock around 150 types of wine, beer and spirits from around the world for you to try, and a range of hot and cold beverages.
7. The free glow-stick frenzy for the little ones – every Saturday (plus Wednesdays during school holidays).
8. On-the-ground campfires – there is nothing quite like sitting around the fire with your friends and family, chatting and laughing and toasting marshmallows. Our wood is from a local renewable source. One tree is planted for every tree cut down.
9. Our simple inclusive pricing – you pay only for your pitch (with or without electric hook-up). We do not charge extra for cars, awnings, dogs, children or visitors.
10. You can camp as a group – we are a relaxed and sociable site and are very happy to accommodate group bookings. Its a great place to have a birthday get-together, family reunion or celebration!
Pre-Erected Tents and our Safari Tent
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 we are not taking any bookings for our pre-erected tents.
If you like the idea of camping but not the idea of putting up a tent then you will love our pre-erected tents.
Your new favourite holiday destination: the Safari Tent at Orchard Campsite. Sleeps four and comes fully equipped, you even have your own loo and shower!